Wednesday, July 25, 2012
June 2012
June - Samara seems more like a kid and less like a toddler every time I look at her (or listen to her talk)! She has entered a Lion King and Madagascar phase and loves to watch those movies. She will sit and watch the movie in entirety so we have maintained our one video per day limit. She is always talking about different parts of the movie, and if I hadn't seen both a number of times, I wouldn't know what she was talking about! I do a lot of asking, "who says that" when she tells me something, just so I can clarify before I know how to react. Example: One day she was having one animal kiss the other one's foot, then saying "stop that, stop that" - after several times I asked where she heard this. She said "lion says to the pig". Ah, Lion King conversation between Pumba graveling at Simba's feet when he finds out he is a king. :) Oh, all I can do is laugh! I love Disney movies, so I'm glad she likes them now too.
With talk of a new baby coming into our household she has taken to wrapping up her animals in blankets and feeding them. I think she'll be a great helper, because she already is with many things, we'll just have to monitor the helping a bit. I'm definitely showing, but she still really has no idea what is coming her way. October could be a real shocker, but I have a feeling (maybe it's a hope) she'll be in love with this baby from the start. We are going to wait to find out the gender of the baby until the baby is born. It was a fun surprise last time and the nursery is already gender-neutral, so why not?! We got Samara a potty chair "the tiny potty" as she calls it to start working on this concept prior to baby #2. We'd like to only have one in diapers at a time if possible - time will tell I guess ...
June 13th brought my last day at Slosburg. I didn't think I'd really be emotional about it, but after a nice sign and card from co-workers, then flowers with a nice note sent by Jeff (a first in my over 7 year time working there)and several sad goodbye's I was done for. I am going to blame some of this on pregnancy emotions, but who knows. Either way, I have been working to adjust to being home more and not always having to go at 110 mph. It has been an adjustment, but going well so far. I can tell Samara likes having me around more and we get to "play" a bit more than before rather than always trying to accomplish something. Jeff took a day off work so we could go to the zoo as a family on a non-busy morning. It was perfect weather and fun to spend time seeing the animals with Samara!
Father's Day was also this month and we had our families over for pizzas on the grill (a first-time experiment). In the end, no one went home hungry, we learned how to make them better next go-round and a nice time was had by all together. :) Samara will be two next month! In some ways I can't believe it, and in others it does feel like she's been here for so long, changing our lives in so many ways. I still have moments where she is running around or playing and I think to myself, "Wow, that is my child!" The next thought is always, "and we are going to have another!". I feel more excitement this pregnancy on meeting the new baby now that I know how quickly they become their own little person. Having Samara meet him/her is something else I really look forward to. Four months to that though, so we'll not get too ahead of ourselves. :) July's post will be coming soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment