Wednesday, July 25, 2012

January 2012

Wow, this is a long-awaited post! Let's just say by the end of January of this year life got a little crazy and, unfortunately, my monthly blogging updates didn't get completed. 2012 has been a great year so far, filled with lots of fun but also lots of changes. Where I left off in December was with an almost 18 month-old little girl, a Daddy working full-time and a Mommy working part-time three days per week. That was still the case through January... This year started off with a twist! Courtney was able to plan a surprise birthday party for Jeff and I at my parents house, under the guise of our annual "Winter Birthdays family get-together"! We walked in expecting the normal Pennell/Kunes crew and found my parents house filled with all of them as well as Jeff's family and some of our friends. It was a great evening and definitely a total surprise - how fun, I've always wanted a surprise party, but it's not something you can really request. :) Samara talks more all the time and seems to "get" the world around her a little more every day. Since this is written 6 months later, sadly (really, I am disappointed I didn't take the time to keep this up to catch all of the little moments of the last 6 months) I couldn't tell you her current common words or new things she just learned. But, I know she stayed in her crib better during January. At her 18 month Dr appointment, Samara was very much beyond the verbal norms for an 18 month old and here were her measurements... 25 lbs 6 oz (64%), 33" tall (83%), head circumference 47.4 (72%). So, still a Derby I think! :) The end of January I had a potential job opportunity open up! Yes, I already have the ideal job that lets me work three days per week you might say, so why would you even be looking? Well, I wasn't looking really. Jeff and I had planned on my working part-time until we had another baby (knock off the rest of the student loans, etc) then stay home full time. But, had our options open for something I could do from home to add to Jeff's income so our budget wouldn't have to be SO tight. My Dad is a member of the Greater Omaha chapter of NARI (National Association of the Remodeling Industry). The chapter's Executive Director was needing to move on and and it opened up an opportunity for me to interview for the position. We did discuss it at length and decided it was worth applying for, then we'd decide on best options. So, January 25th I headed in to the interview! The next day I got a call that said the interview went really well and they'd like to offer me the position. I was looking at a 20-30 hour per week commitment, but all from home despite meetings, errands etc. So, I took it! Now I just had to break it to my current job that I needed to cut back my hours to only 10-4 three days per week...and that will take us into February!

No comments:

Post a Comment