Sunday, January 10, 2016

September 2015

Well, no baby pics to post this month... September was as packed as it could be, with activity and waiting on baby!  Preschool and MOPS both started back up, though I bowed out of MOPS steering team this year, just too much on my plate with a new baby coming soon.  It was strange but nice for a change to just show up and enjoy a morning at MOPS.  Papa and Gemma took the kids to the fair over Labor Day weekend, but I opted out this year.  I had work commitments for tour planning meeting, board meeting, Golf Outing on Sept. 18th and general meeting 24th (the last two I was really hoping not to be at actually!).  We got together to celebrate Poppy's 92nd Birthday with dinner at Pennell's.  Jeff's parents went on a cruise during the first half of the month and we hoped baby wouldn't come while they were gone.

The Boyd St. house in Ashland officially sold and closing with be early October.  So, Jeff was out there again doing all finishing touches and we moved all the staging items out since all is officially a "go".  The kids and I came out to help with some clean-up as the month was drawing to a close.  Overall the flip was a success, long time coming, but we decided worth doing again.  There just will need to be some balance, as the every single night and weekend was a little wearing on everyone in our family.  Next time around there will have to be some better scheduling of work time and family time.

I had weekly midwife appointments, but baby is comfy in there and not in a hurry to come meet us I guess.  As my 9/23 due date approached and then passed, we went ahead and scheduled a 41 week ultrasound and stress test for September 30th.  I was already dilated to 4, so the midwife didn't think it would be much longer-thankfully!  All was just fine and it was relief to really see that all is good with baby (didn't even peek at gender, we've waiting this long, what is a few more days?!).  We went ahead and scheduled a check-up appointment for Oct. 5th and induction for October 6th, if baby doesn't arrive prior to that. C'mon baby #3!!

Samara's Moments for the Month:
  •  First "Last Day of Preschool" on Sept 1st - After two years at Little Lamb Preschool she knew exactly what to do!  She put her lunch on the table, found cubby for purple bag, mail name tag and go to circle time.  She didn't even say goodbye, just went to sit with all of her new friends.  tear. (But, I didn't cry, just didn't let myself think about it being a "last").  She did well and enjoyed her day.  I asked if she was glad to have a stay at home day tomorrow or if she wished she had school every day.  She said a stay at home day would be good.  Guess the preschool option was right for this year!
  • Apple Orchard Field Trip was fun for her again this year. He has made a favorite little friend this year, Hailey.  She loves showing her around and where to go next.  I wonder if her friends will always be the ones she can "boss" around?  Thankfully, in speaking with Hailey's mom, it sounds like Hailey interprets Samara's help as a friendly gesture and she feels more at ease at school.
  • Mid September I picked her up from school and told her we were going to sign papers to sell the Boyd St. house to the people who want to buy it.  Rather than excitement, I got a pouty lip which turned to tears.  
    • S- "I don't want to get rid of the Ashland house!"  
    • Me- "Honey we bought the house to fix and sell to someone.  We are going to get money for selling it, then we can buy a van like we talked about"
    • S-"I know, but I LIKE that house!"
    • Eventually she calmed down when Kalum offered her the granola bar snack we'd brought for her.  Sheesh.  Daddy and Mommy are not crying over selling it, that is for sure!

Kalum's Moment for the Month:
  • September 1st was Samara's first day back to school, so Kalum's first day at home with just Mom all day!  At first he wanted to stay at school to play, but the promise of a cookie at Target pulled him away happily.  At lunch time he asked if it was time to go get Samara, but then ate and played with Mommy.  Rest time was okay at first, then cried, "Samara" over and over again and looked out the window.  I went in and asked what was wrong and he said he was looking for Samara's school.  Oh, so sad.  When I finally said it was time, he eagerly put on his own shoes.  When we went to get her he was so excited!  He gave her a hug and said, "Samara I missed you!" Aw! <3 span="">
  • 1st and 2nd bloody noses ever both happened the same week.  He whacked his nose on the edge of the wall while jumping on the couch (which he knows is a no-no).  Next day he face plants on the sidewalk on his bike.  His helmet saved his face from major damage, but his nose smacked enough to start bleeding pretty good.  "My blood!" he said concerned as it dripped down all over him.
  • When I'm big I'm going to have... He names red motorcycle with red seat, shiny blue truck, then says "all the cool things" just to cover his bases I guess.
  • While he and Mommy were riding in the car one day...
    • K - "I have hair on my legs!"
    • Me- "Yes you do.  Do you have hair on your arms?"
    • K-Yep (looking) but not on my armpities cuz I'm not a big Daddy." 
      
    Okay, guess we're in for another October baby then since September is over...

No comments:

Post a Comment