We found out about another possible investment property to renovate and decided to purchase it this month. The home is in Eagle, NE and is in really great shape on the inside as far as woodwork, doors, floors we can refinish, etc. That means for Jeff that he'll be balancing his full-time job, family time and two house remodels for a while. See the photos for some before photos of the Eagle house and some mid-renovation photos at Memphis house. We have made most of the decisions on best options for remodeling both of the homes, so now it's just getting the work done. I am amazed that Jeff is able to keep all his sprinkler projects and home renovation projects straight in his mind! He works so hard, giving his all to wherever he is at the time, and I am so thankful for all he does.
I finished up the full-day training with my NARI replacement, Sarah, during the first week of the month. I officially handed over the work laptop and phone to her on February 4th! It felt slightly surreal and I still think I hear the NARI phone ringing sometimes when at home - so weird. I'm trying to adjust to not feeling the need to get everything done in a compressed time, allowing a little slower pace with our daily schedule and trying to feel okay with going to bed at a more normal time. I didn't realize how much pressure I had been putting on myself to "do it all" and I'm enjoying the occasional pauses for a deep breath, though we're not done yet. Besides some follow-up questions by phone calls and emails, I did have several NARI events that I agreed to help with this month - Board meeting, Bowling Night (Amanda got to bowl with her Dad - neither won any awards, but fun was had regardless), Home Show set-up and take-down and a final General Membership Meeting. With the snow, an Education Day got moved to March, but then we are really in the final stretch of my NARI career. The board so sweetly went together and gave me a nice farewell gift! I was even able to accept it and say a few words without sobbing in front of all at the February meeting. They gave me a gift certificate to eat at Sullivan's restaurant downtown and a night's stay at the Hyatt - so thoughtful and we'll have to set aside a good weekend to set a date night. :) I was also able to attend the Women's Conference at our church with Courtney and a couple other ladies we know. Last year when I went to the conference I was pregnant and reeling with an overwhelming workload, so it was nice to just attend and soak in the time with other women for a day and a half.
Samara's Moments for the Month:
- One day asked me if we had the "thorn" costume. She meant Thor, of Marvel comics, which she caught a glimpse of when Daddy was watching TV one day. Sorry, guess you'll have to settle for Storm Trooper or Iron Man. haha!
- Mid month had a day where cough from last couple days turned into a high fever. After a dose of ibuprofen and a night's sleep, it didn't come back - thankfully.
- We attended the Kindergarten parent's meeting this month - is she really going to be in school all day, five days a week starting in the fall?! Mommy teared up over a poem in the parent packet about this being the first of many new things in her future. (The first day could be water works, for me, not for her!)
- Learned to snap her fingers and proud of it!
- She attended a birthday party for a preschool friend this month. I look forward to her making friends that she keeps year-after-year as she gets into grade school.
- Samara had "Dad's Night" at preschool and enjoyed some time with Dad making a craft and having some yummy snacks. It's super cute to see her love her Daddy.
Kalum's Moments for the Month:
- Noticed when he's getting dressed, he lays his underwear or pants on the floor first. If he is at the wrong end once laid out, he then climbs over to the waist side to put in his legs. Seems like a lot more work than just turning the clothing around, but, whatever works if he's dressing himself. (Which is definitely the case if you see what he's wearing most days!)
- First Friday of the month, so off we go to MoPS! He actually went into his classroom without a problem, so I thought I was in for a great morning. Then he threw an all-out-fit when it was time to leave! He was kicking and screaming and wouldn't leave. Since I had Wesson in his carrier, I had a friend take Wesson and I took him. After struggling to carry him all the way down the hall, I set him down to get a better grip. He got away and ran all the way back down the hall! In the end, my friend and I swapped and she struggled with him all the way to the car, he was yelling things like "let me go!" and "you're not my mom!". Who knows what it looked like, but I was frustrated, to say the least, by the time we finally made it to the car to go pick Samara up from preschool.
- He says the character's names from Toy Story as Woody and "Buzz LightBeer"
- While watching Samara play a video game (old school TV plug-in type game), he talked about the "bad guys" in the game and how they needed to "shape up their attitude" and he was going to "learn them a lesson!"
Wesson's Milestones for the Month:
- Feb 1st - 4 months old! He still loves to be held to stand, has crazy hair, grabs things in front of him, can roll side to side, watches things go by that catch his eye, smiles, is laughing-can really get him giggling now.
- Four Month Check-Up - 16 lbs 15oz (86%), 26.5" long (93%), head circ 43.8cm (87%) he got two shots in his leg and one med orally. He cried when he got the shots but stopped as soon as I picked him up. He laughed when I took the band aids off that night. Seriously?!
- Mid February - Rolled all the way from back to tummy except arm got stuck underneath him. Found his feet! He loves grabbing onto them.
- Feb 16th - caught Samara's cold. Runny nose, cough and probably slight fever. Still in good spirits, though!
- Feb 23rd - For whatever reason was sticking his tongue out all day long. Just a weird one day phase I guess.
- By the end of the month, he likes to touch your face when looking at you. This usually involves a slobbery little hand slapping at your face...
Well that concludes our month of love. Though it was busy, our hearts are full of love for the life we have been given, full of blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment